Re: Sqlldr and standard input

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:29:32 -0800

Have you tried it?

It should work similar to what is done for imp/exp to a pipe.

You are on a *nix system aren't you?

assuming a gzipped file:

mkfifo sqlldr.pipe
gunzip --stdout myfile.gz > sqlldr.pipe & sqlldr parfile=yourparfile.par

the .ctl should use the pipe name for the infile.

eg.
load data
infile 'sqlldr.pipe'
into table t1
fields terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '"'

(

   V1
)

Jared

On 2/5/07, Ken Naim <kennaim_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I have googled and metalinked unsuccessfully for how to use standard
> input to provide data to sql loader. The purpose of this desire is to
> not have to uncompress, load and then recompress files for loading.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Jared Still