Re: SIEBEL PERFORMANCE RBO to CBO

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:52:12 +0100

Not sure what does mutex do, if someone can explain...

I have seen a place where _kks_use_mutex_pin was set to FALSE to reduce compilation time because 100% of application was written in PL/SQL packages and compiling was a nightmare for them after moving from 9i to 10g, compilation elapsed time contention was around 400% higher due to library cache latching. It was z/OS.