Re: problems with dblink in oracle 10.2.0.2

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:15:32 -0600

No. I had it set to NONE

thank you

Gene Gurevich
Oracle MySQL Operations - OMO
224-405-4079

             amonte
             <ax.mount_at_gmail.c
                                       "genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com
             02/02/2007 02:56          "
             PM                        <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com

cc oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject Re: problems with dblink in oracle 10.2.0.2

aha, to be honest I have never tried that in any versions, I thought remote os authentification has security concerns

have you set to true the remote os authentification parameter ?

On 2/2/07, genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com < genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com> wrote:   Yes, that is what I do. I have the same user existing on local and remote   DB and I am creating the dblink the way   you have it

  thank you

  Gene Gurevich

              amonte
              <ax.mount_at_gmail.c

                                        genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com
              02/01/2007 05:10                                           cc
              PM                         oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                                                                    Subject
                                        Re: problems with dblink in oracle
                                        10.2.0.2

  Dont tell me you are using remote os authentification?

  Are you saying

  server 1 has user ops$adm1
  server 2 has user ops$adm1

  and in server 1 as ops$adm1 you do

  create database link xxx
  using 'yyy'

  ?

  On 2/1/07, genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com <   genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com> wrote:   Hi all:

  I have spend 2 weeks trying to get help from Oracle support on this (time   well wasted). Here is my issue.
  I am running oracle 10.2.0. on aix 5.3 on a local server and on a remote   server. I have oracle id externally
  authenticated on both sides. I can connect as sqlplus / to local DB and   as
  sqlplus /@remoteDB.
  I have created a db link on a local database :

  create database link remoteDB using 'remoteDB'

  When I try to use it I get an error:

  desc user_tables_at_remoteDB

  ERROR:
  ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied   ORA-02063: preceding line from PCCS03 (this is my remote DB)

  The remote instance is up (I can tnsping id and connect via sqlplus).   What
  is the problem here. I have been using   dblinks created this way in oracle 8 and 9 and never had this issue. Is   there anything new in oracle 10 related to this?   Does anyone know?

  TIA   Gene Gurevich