Re: DB2 for Oracle DBAs

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 13:09:44 -0700

I have not administered DB2 databases in a production setting - well not since I made the transition from DB2/MVS 2.1 to Oracle 7.0.11 :-) over ten years ago.

At 12:52 PM 2/2/2007, Mindaugas Navickas wrote:
>I know that some DBAs are tasked to work in mixed environments were
>they should maintain different databases.
>If on the list are people who made a transition from Oracle to DB2
>DBA, I would appreciate if they can share their experience on following topics:
>- what resources they found most valuable;

The usual - manuals, redbooks, regular books

>- is there any DB2 list similar to Oracle-l;

Yes, the is, it's called - surprise - db2-L

>- what experience as Oracle DBA is completely unapplicable as DB2 DBA.

I'd venture RAC. Also probably the v$ and x$ views and tables.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com