RE: Error when running dbms_stats

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:46:17 -0500

FYI

I just confirmed with Oracle and this is a bug in 10.2.

"
This is due to Bug# 3945156.
- Bug# 3945156.
Abstract: ORA-979 DOING DBMS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS WHEN NLS_COMP=LINGUISTIC AND
Details:
NLS_SORT is set to a non BINARY value.
When gathering histogram statistics via dbms_stats and when NLS_LANG is set
to GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8MSWIN1252 amd NLS_COMP is set to LINGUISTIC, the gathering function will cause ora-979 error:"

From: Wolfgang Breitling [mailto:breitliw_at_centrexcc.com] Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:29 PM To: Harvinder Singh
Cc: oracle-l

Did you recently upgrade to 9.2.0.8?
There was an almost identical post just recently. At 04:04 PM 1/31/2007, oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am running the following script and getting errors:
>begin
>dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname=> 'HS',estimate_percent=>
>100,degree=> dbms_stats.auto_degree,granularity=> 'AUTO',method_opt=>
>'FOR ALL COLUMNS SIZE AUTO',options=> 'GATHER',cascade=> TRUE);
>end;

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation