RE: developers privileges in TEST

From: GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 22:38:27 UT

 I think you really missed something. "Create Procedure" is not a DML role.

HTH GovindanK
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 15:32:19 -0600, Pratap.Singh_at_wellsfargo.com said:

Yo can not create procedure based on privileges granted through roles.

Correct me if I missed something.

Thx,

PB Singh

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of GovindanK Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 1:14 PM To: JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org; oracle-l-freelists Subject: Re: developers privileges in TEST

  All these "ANY" privileges should be granted with caution. In some cases we give the schema owner password to the Team Lead and he/she decides which developer will have it. Or else we create individual user accounts and grant sel/ins/del/upd through roles and pvt.synonyms ; The developers in few cases keep their own version of the package/procedure. The only possible catch is when they test dynamic sql (i am not 100% sure on this, i would like you verify this prior to proceeding) in which case direct dml privs would need to be granted and not thru a role.

  Since i donot like cross posting across oracle forums i have removed all other than oracle-l (my favorite list).

  HTH   GovindanK
On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:33:15 -0500, "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org> said:

What privileges do you grant in your TEST environments? Do you grant "insert any table" or do you grant privileges to specific objects?

  Jeffrey Beckstrom
  Database Administrator
  Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority   1240 W. 6th Street
  Cleveland, Ohio 44113