Re: Archiving data into another database

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:25:46 -0700

Thank you for the link. I believe this would work if we can get the code to require a date range--that's what they want to use as the key for archiving. The users who run ad hoc queries would have to be trained as well. Very doable. I'm looking forward to testing this as soon as I can.

I have already talked about the cost of recoding vs. buying a different license. It fell on deaf ears. Won't stop me from trying again though once they've tuned the horrible SQL that I see every day. Picking my battles here.

Sandy