Re: Archiving data into another database

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:15:32 -0700

 Having had good results with partitioning at my last job, that would be my preference. Unfortunately, partitioning isn't an option when using Standard Edition One as we are. The company isn't yet in a position financially to pay the licensing fees for an editiion that supports partitioning. This is why I'm looking for other options. I still am leaning towards an archive table in the same database.

Sandy