Re: Archiving data into another database

From: Luc Demanche <lucdemanche_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:51:45 -0500

Thank you all for your answers.
The situation is, we have a in-house application, we having a lot of historical data (invoices, info on old products, old documents). It's not a big database (around 40Gigs), but I'm sure that we can "purge" at least 15 Gigs of data.... of data that it's not been used anyway.

It will probably help the performance in the same time ...

We were thinking of creating another database, with the same structure and transfer data from one to the other.
My concern was on the modification that will be done on the structure .... so we decided that we will apply the same scripts to both databases, so the structures will be the same all the time.

Do you have some comments ?

Thanks
Luc

--