Re: Archiving data into another database

From: Murtuja Khokhar <murtuja_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:53:39 -0800 (PST)

For Purging ,You may have these two alternatives.

  1 Write a procedure which selects data from Production DB and inserts in Purge DB then delete that data from Production DB.

  You can set job for this procedure to run in off peak hours so it will not effect the performance.

  2. Take export from Production DB and import it into Purge DB then delete that data from Production DB.

Luc Demanche <lucdemanche_at_gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi,

  We are thinking to have a process that will archive data from our production database to another database, or somewhere else .....   For example, data of an old customer, info of an old product, etc ....

  Do you have some ideas, some experiences that you would like to share with us ?

  Thanks you
  Luc

--
Luc Demanche