Case insensitive search

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:22:23 -0500

Hi,

When we set the following parameters on the client machine with alter session it works fine and we get case insensitive searches but when we try to set this in spfile it only affects the sessions on the database machine:
NLS_SORT='BINARY_CI'
nls_comp='LINGUISTIC'

Is there any way we can change this settings at the instance level so that we don't have to use logon trigger to set this at session level?

Thanks
--Harvinder

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jan 30 2007 - 15:22:23 CST