RE: new oracle security book

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:59:31 -0700

I'm getting mine today from SoftPro Books in Denver. I will probably get through it by the weekend.

rr

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:56 PM To: Joe Smith
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: new oracle security book

The Litchfield book would probably be more enlightening.

I really doubt that the Oracle Press would publish it, as they have published the Knox book.

Warning, this is pure speculation at this point: The Knox book is probably a 'how to lock it down' book.

The Litchfield book will not only tell how to lock it down, but why you are locking it down, with exploits to test the procedures.

I am still waiting for my copy. Has anyone else seen the book?

Jared

On 1/30/07, Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

If you had to buy one, would it be Knox or Litchfield?

thanks.

>There is probably no one more qualified.
>
>The quality of writing remains to be seen.
>
>I have however read some of Litchfields papers
>and posts to mailing lists. The examples of his
>writing that I have seen are coherent and lucid.
>
>Currently, my copy is in transit. :)
>
>Jared
>

>On 1/29/07, Joe Smith < joe_dba_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>Has anybody seen this new Oracle security book by David Litchfield?
Would
>>anybody recommend buying it? I have been working on a security
project
>>for
>>a defense contractor and wonder if it is worth buying?
>>

>>http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470080221.html

>>Invite your Hotmail contacts to join your friends list with Windows
Live

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http:/ /spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk t=en-us

<http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l>

Turn searches into helpful donations. Make your search count. http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemta gline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG
--
Jared Still

sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by