dbms_scheduler(Diff host)

From: GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:03:29 UT

Might be a dumb question .. is there a way to kick off a OS job / shell script from dbms_scheduler on a server where i donot have the Oracle Server/Client installed. I have tried this out and works out well if you have $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/external_job.ora. But lot of our jobs are on servers where oracle is not installed and we are using cron. And some of these non-database jobs are related to each other.

Thanks

GovindanK