Re: RMAN Backup Question - FILESPERSET

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:28:02 +0100

Your maxsetsize observation seems to be identical to what I've seen. I'm thinking that RMAN doesn't split datafiles - therefore your largest datafiles would always be backed up in one piece -- or speaking about incremental backups -- one piece contains all the changed blocks from one datafile (or more than one, but it won't split them up). I haven't verified or tested this - but from what I've seen happening - I *think* that's how RMAN handles it.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Stefan