Re: What does an app need to do to work with RAC

From: John Hallas <john.hallas_at_hcresources.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:59:01 +0000

A thread over 4 years old that is still valid today. I assume Tim was referring to 9i RAC so I would have thought 10G would have moved forward to resolve some of these issues.
I am glad I asked the question. I now know enough to understand the types of problem we might face, how to identify (Anjo) and how to resolve (Tim). Thanks Boris for doing the search for me.

John

Boris Dali wrote:
> John,
>
> For what it's worth I asked a somewhat related
> question back in 2002 and found Tim and Cary's replies
> very informative. I think they are still relevant.
> Here's the link:
>
> http://www.orafaq.com/maillist/oracle-l/2002/11/29/2163.htm
>
> Thanks,
> Boris Dali.
>
> --- John Hallas <john.hallas_at_hcresources.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> I will show my ignorance here and ask for what
>> reasons an application
>> might not work with RAC when more than one instance
>> is added.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

www.hcresources.co.uk <http://hcresources.co.uk/>

Oracle RDBMS Administration and Project Management

*John Hallas*
/Principal Consultant/

*HC Resources Ltd.*

<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=36+West+Street&csz=Lebanon%2C+NH+03766-1239&country=us>

john.hallas_at_hcresources.co.uk <mailto:john.hallas_at_hcresources.co.uk>

tel:

07710 472498