RE: What does an app need to do to work with RAC

From: Kerber, Andrew <Andrew.Kerber_at_umb.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:52:26 -0600

At which point you start talking to your account rep about a refund of your support money, since Oracle isn't supplying the agreed upon support. I have found that usually will get someone with a clue to work on the situation.

Andrew W. Kerber
Oracle DBA
UMB "If at first you dont succeed, dont take up skydiving"

From: Kerber, Andrew [mailto:Andrew.Kerber_at_umb.com] Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 9:26 AM
To: William Wagman; boris_dali_at_yahoo.ca; john.hallas_at_hcresources.co.uk; oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Just one point, that should be a severity 1 issue with Oracle, severe loss of service. Make them get back to you quickly. You pay for support, make them do their job.

Andrew W. Kerber
Oracle DBA
UMB
816-860-3921
andrew.kerber_at_umb.com

"If at first you dont succeed, dont take up skydiving"

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Boris Dali Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 6:11 AM
To: john.hallas_at_hcresources.co.uk; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: What does an app need to do to work with RAC

John,

For what it's worth I asked a somewhat related question back in 2002 and found Tim and Cary's replies very informative. I think they are still relevant. Here's the link:

http://www.orafaq.com/maillist/oracle-l/2002/11/29/2163.htm

Thanks,
Boris Dali.

> I will show my ignorance here and ask for what
> reasons an application
> might not work with RAC when more than one instance
> is added.

Do You Yahoo!?

------
NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attached files are
confidential.  The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention,
disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached
file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply
electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original
transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your
computer system. Thank you.

======