What does an app need to do to work with RAC

From: John Hallas <john.hallas_at_hcresources.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:22:07 +0000

I will show my ignorance here and ask for what reasons an application might not work with RAC when more than one instance is added. Oracle should be able to handle any locks, although there may be timing delays.

TAF will be dependant upon the application but if the application rolls sends an 'transaction failed message, please try again' that should be acceptable shouldn't it.

I know these are very basic questions but as I say it is something I have wondered about for a while

John