Retrieving PL/SQL associative arrays with OCCI...

From: Geoffrey E. Quelch <gequelch_at_frii.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:55:26 +0000

All,
I'm wondering if anyone can give me a pointer or two to help me resolve a problem.

I have a package body defining an associative array:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE PK_WS_Data AS

and now I need to be able to access data of this type returned by a procedure in this package as an OUT variable. How does one do this in OCCI?

My attempt is as follows:

std::vector<float> values;

stmnt->registerOutParam( 7, oracle::occi::OCCIVECTOR, 0, "PK_WS_Data.NumArray");

oracle::occi::getVector(rs, (unsigned int) 7, values);

(which all refer to the same data item) but I get an error: OCI-22303: type "PK_WS_Data"."NumArray" not found. Whatever I place in the last argument of the register call gives a similar runtime error.

I have found a metalink item: 308592.1 that seems to refer to something similar, but they are using an object type, and not using a package.

Does anyone have an example closer to what I'm doing? The OCCI documentation doesn't have anything similar that I've found.

Do I need to define this type external to the package and if so what code change would I need?

I have been able to do this in PHP easily which is funny, PHP is usually harder than OCCI... :-)

Many thanks in advance,
GEQ

--
Geoff Quelch