RE: Oracle and DST changes

From: Malpass, Nancy <nancy.malpass_at_cingular.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:34:49 -0600

What I have found on this topic so far is:

1.

        DST patch is included in 10.2.0.3 patchset 2.

        You should plan on patching your 10G databases because 10G dictionary has TIMEZONE data types-can use 1-off 3.

        You don't have to patch your clients if you are JDBC thin client 4.

        If you have an application like a calender - that uses timezones you will want to patch 9i
5.

        You will want to patch 9i databases if you use the timezone data types
6.

        Prior to 9i these data types were not valid so - no need to patch prior releases
7.

        march 11th is the majic date when we start DST this year and from now on
8.

        If you don't patch the world will not end but you could see strange time/date calcs and you would have to clean data after the patch 9.

        there are many notes on metalink as was previously mentioned - i have eaten thru several looking for what makes sense - there is a lot to digest though.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Johan Muller Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 2:01 PM To: Allen, Brandon
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Oracle and DST changes

I forgot to add:

Put 'Daylight' into the the filter box to pull out the future scheduled conferences.

On 1/24/07, Allen, Brandon < Brandon.Allen_at_oneneck.com <mailto:Brandon.Allen_at_oneneck.com> > wrote:

        Thanks for the tip!