DBA Needed in Austin

From: <JApplewhite_at_austinisd.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:54:54 -0600

Resending this, since we still need another DBA. Please note the sentence "You must be authorized to work in the U.S., AISD won't sponsor anyone."

The Austin Independent School District needs a mid-level DBA. Come join "Shrek" Thater and me in "The Live Music Capital of the World", which also happens to be the Capital of Texas and home of the University of Texas Longhorns, Sandra Bullock, The Dixie Chicks, and Junior Brown (among many other notables).

AISD uses several COTS applications for Financials, Student Info. Systems, Facilities Management, Transportation, etc., all of which use Oracle9i
(slowly moving to 10g) database back ends. We have about 30 dev, test,
and prod databases, soon growing to about 40. We've got great infrastrucure, with a completely fibre LAN/WAN, WiFi Campuses, very nice 64bit (AMD Opteron) servers running RHEL3 and 4 Linux (several HPUX servers, too), and multi-terabytes of SAN. Not many constraints, except not enough DBAs.

AISD enjoys about 23 paid holidays, including 2 weeks at "Winter Break"
(Christmas Holdiays in common terms) and 1 week for Spring Break. We also
get 2 weeks vacation, about 5 or 6 days personal leave, and about 6 days sick time per year.

Great working environment, great "toys", lots of fun and interesting, challenging work. You must be authorized to work in the U.S., AISD won't sponsor anyone.

Check out the official job posting at:
http://www.austinisd.org/inside/hr/viewjob.phtml?job_num=0014486

Contact me directly before applying so I can give you more info.

Thanks.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin (Texas) Independent School District 512.414.9715 (wk) / 512.935.5929 (pager)

I feel so unnecessary. -- Rufus Thomas

              ( "Do the Funky Chicken")