Re: performance in 10g

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:16:34 -0600

David,

Maybe I'm missing sonething here (no coffee yet). You say that you tested your upgrade under 10g. Now some of the queries that were okay in test are not good in production?

     Just a dumb idea, couldn't you inspect the query plan for those queries to get an idea of how they differ, maybe there is a single table involved or something.

     Anyway, there are people with FAR better SQL tuning knowledge on this list than I so please listen to them, but this might be something to check into in the meantime.

Dennis Williams