RE: parallel_adaptive_multi_user

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:11:10 -0600

My hope is to get more information about what the reduction factor is. I've got parallel_threads_per_cpu set so that I can count on a certain default degree. But I'd like a good idea of specifics related to when the reduction factor kicks in and what values get chosen to reduce the degree.

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA
Acxiom Corporation
3333 Finley
Downers Grove, IL 60515
wk: 630.944.4762
<mailto:dherri_at_acxiom.com>

"When I come home from work and see those little noses pressed against the windowpane, then I know I am a success" - Paul Faulkner

Great,
> but is load solely on CPU % used or some other resource combination?
For
> active parallel users, is it based on the total of PX slaves across
the
> entire database or just on the objects involved? For both factors,
what
> reduction factor is used?
>
> It does care the objects, but it applies the reduction factor on top
> of the object's parallelism. You can use 10392 event to trace the
> execution of the parallel adaptive multiuser algorithm.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> K Gopalakrishnan
> Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface, Oracle Press 2004
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/007222729X/
>
> Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank you.