Backing up listener -- bypassing passwd protection

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:06:17 -0500

I am putting together a script on a W2K server that backups up the listener log and then removes the old file. That part works fine. However, the password is protected. We've used some commands before that work for bypassing the protection (don't ask why). I cannot get the two parts to work together though as it appears to get into the listener but then before backing it up it once again says it doesn't recognize the password. Any ideas? Here is the script so far...

set netdir=C:\oracle\ora92\network
set YRMTH=%YYYY%-%MM%

rem Backup listener.log
cd %netdir%\log
Echo set current_listener LISTENER > pwd.cmd Lsnrctl < pwd.cmd
Echo set password A2378EAC8218 > pwd1.cmd Lsnrctl < pwd1.cmd

rem The command above completes successfully

Echo set log_file lis.temp > lsn.cmd
Lsnrctl < lsn.cmd

rem At this point it says "The listener has not recognized the password"

Rename %netdir%\log\listener.log listener_%YRMTH%.log Echo set log_file listener.log > lsn1.cmd Lsnrctl < lsn1.cmd
Lsnrctl exit

From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the Academy Awards®
http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1