upgrade from onames to oid

From: Kerber, Andrew <Andrew.Kerber_at_umb.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:50:32 -0600

Since onames is no longer supported in 10g, we are going to have to upgrade from onames to Oracle internet directory. And I have no idea how to do it. Right now we have a legacy Onames installation that works, but I really know nothing about it. We have good doc on how to add instances, but it is just a step by step set of documentation, it doesn't explain anything. I have always used tnsnames in the past, and the person who set up the onames installation is gone.

Has anyone gone through the process of upgrading from onames to oid, and know what is involved, or seen a set of upgrade instructions? I opened a service request with Oracle, but who knows how good their help will be.

Andrew W. Kerber
Oracle DBA

"If at first you dont succeed, dont take up skydiving"

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system. Thank you.