RE: Oracle and DST changes

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:52:13 -0700

Tom, not sure if you saw this post yesterday, but Metalink 359145.1 seems to say that you do need to patch 10g even if you're not using the TZ data types:

"When any data, either in the dictionary or in the user data or in the usage of time zones in PL/SQL, uses the affected time zones, then the patch is needed."

I also checked my 10.2.0.2 dictionary and there are 149 columns using the TZ data types. Please let me know if I'm missing something though, because I'd rather not install the patch if I don't have to.

Thanks,
Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) I also agree about not patching anything if I'm not using Time Zone data types. We only have one 10.2.0.2 database and I'm not too worried about it.