RE: Admin effort required for Oracle AS Forms & Reports

From: Yasin Baskan <yasin.baskan_at_yapikredi.com.tr>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:45:09 +0200

We use the minimal installation (only Forms and Reports Services). After the initial configuration it does not need much attention, except deploying new forms or reports of course.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Allen, Brandon Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:32 AM To: Baumgartel, Paul; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Admin effort required for Oracle AS Forms & Reports

I had a feeling I was underestimating. Trying to be optimistic, but figured this list would help me to be more realistic. So far, I think we just require the minimal install of Forms and Reports Services only - like this:

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19375_07/doc/frs/install/B16392 _03/frsintro.htm#BABIABBF

So, hopefully it won't be too bad. No OID yet, so will have to do that too. We are currently using Oracle Names Server, but that's been desupported. Fun, fun, fun!

Thanks

From: Baumgartel, Paul [mailto:paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com]

I went through this exercise recently. You may be underestimating the amount of time it takes to install the App Server

Bu mesaj ve onunla iletilen tum ekler gonderildigi kisi ya da kuruma ozel ve Bankalar Kanunu geregince, gizlilik yukumlulugu tasiyor olabilir. Bu mesaj, hicbir sekilde, herhangi bir amac icin cogaltilamaz, yayinlanamaz ve para karsiligi satilamaz; mesajin yetkili alicisi veya alicisina iletmekten sorumlu kisi degilseniz, mesaj icerigini ya da eklerini kopyalamayiniz, yayinlamayiniz, baska kisilere yonlendirmeyiniz ve mesaji gonderen kisiyi derhal uyararak bu mesaji siliniz. Bu mesajin iceriginde ya da eklerinde yer alan bilgilerin dogrulugu, butunlugu ve guncelligi Bankamiz tarafindan garanti edilmemektedir ve bilinen viruslere karsi kontrolleri yapilmis olarak yollanan mesajin sisteminizde yaratabilecegi zararlardan Bankamiz sorumlu tutulamaz.

This message and the files attached to it are under the privacy liability in accordance with the Banking Law and confidential to the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message cannot be copied, disclosed or sold monetary consideration for any purpose. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you should not copy, distribute, disclose or forward the information that exists in the content and in the attachments of this message; please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. Our Bank does not warrant the accuracy, integrity and currency of the information transmitted with this message. This message has been detected for all known computer viruses thence our Bank is not liable for the occurrence of any system corruption caused by this message