Re: Procedure to DROP a 700 GB Table in 10gR2 ?

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:58:18 +0300

Vivke,

I guess resources on the SERVER BOX also contribute to this scinario.

You really need to test all the three scinario, althogh, difficult to perform the same thrice, since its 700gb table.

I thought when you opt for dropping the tablespace which contains this table, Oracle might need to do a little bit extra work in order to remove the tablespace informtion and its associated datafiles info.

Jaffar

On 1/23/07, VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com> wrote:

> Thanks indeed Dennis for responding
>

> For the Tablespace containing the respective 700 GB Table to be Dropped in
> 10gR2:-
>

> sys.dba_tablespaces.EXTENT_MANAGEMENT LOCAL
>
> sys.dba_tablespaces.ALLOCATION_TYPE USER
>
> sys.dba_tablespaces. SEGMENT_SPACE_MANAGEMENT MANUAL
>

> Cheers

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain
8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA

I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/

http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."