RE: statistics stability

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 00:23:22 +0100

Hi

I think that scheduling weekly/monthly statistics has it's uses, but there are numerous tables that do not or hardly ever change dramatically and do not need regular statistics gathering.

I tend to look at the schema and if most tables need regular statistics I might just analyze the schema and if most do not,I script for just the tables that do need it.

Niall has a good point but I thought that is only if histograms are used and you are not in this case

Jack