RE: Q about compressed table

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 02:29:17 +0800

This query should give you a low-confidence estimate, based on dba_tables.avg_row_len and num_rows, so your stats must be up to date.

I wrote it just now and it seems that I have missed something as it predicts the real space usage 3-5% lower when uncompressing the table with alter table move...

I tested it on freelist managed tablespace, ASSM adds additional overhead.

select
 t.num_rows -- number of rows in table

Tanel.