Re: FW: Connecting...ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported.

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:29:08 -0800

I had to do something similar last year.

There was data on a 7.0 database that needed to be available to a 10g database.

The solution I used was to create MV's on a 8i database. The MV's were refreshed from the 7.0 database.

The 10g database then got the data from the MV's on the 8i database.

The 7.0 database is now thankfully gone.

I know 10g will connect to an 8.1.7 database ( I just did it ).

Perhaps it is because the database is 8.1.6?

Any chance of upgrading it to 8.1.7?

--
Jared Still