RE: Rolling back CPUOct2006 to re-install question

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:15:03 -0500

Jared,

Wouldn't "Opatch rollback" handle rolling the Oracle Software back to the prior state?

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:08 PM To: DIANNA.GIBBS_at_childrens.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Rolling back CPUOct2006 to re-install question

On 1/17/07, DIANNA GIBBS <DIANNA.GIBBS_at_childrens.com> wrote:

We would like to rollback the patch (installed and running on TEST system for a week), so we
can re-install the patch for timings, procedures, etc. Can we be able do this? Is
there any issue of DD corruption or is this advisable to try this? We would

The patch instruction cover this. There is a script to rollback the patch in the database.

ORACLE_HOME is another matter. You must either restore it from backup, or re-install oracle to the required version.

--
Jared Still