Re: Dba or cook?

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:58:37 +0200

Quite normal - cooking and DBA are going hand in hand sometimes. Company of one of my friends is developing banking applications. So once they sold their application to a bank in Baku, Azerbaijan. It turned out that their chief DBA three months before was cooking pizzas and for example how to do such advanced operations like export/import they had to write very detailed instructions i.e. where to find executables, what to write in parameters etc.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu