RE: DataGuard

From: Laimutis Nedzinskas <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_landsbanki.is>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:42:12 -0000

Once on 10gR1 I got my hands burned a little by DG process leaking RAM. Can this thing be trusted or is it better to rely on scripts?

Next question: can a "Fast-Start Failover" be trusted? Did anyone try it? Running Observer on a separate machine raises a great lot of questions to me. What does happen if this observer starts standby database but primary is still online? It can be quite a mess if some clients do get connection to the primary and some to the standby. Or can the observer do kind of "fencing"(IŽd say guaranteed killing) of the primary server? But how?

Thank you in advance,
Laimis N.

	Unfortunately,
	with 9.2.0.8 DG broker doesn't work with RAC configurations, so there is no
	automatic switch-over.

	 Mladen Gogala
	http://www.mladen-gogala.com

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer