Re: Critical restore issue with Veritas

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:21:58 -0700

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and comments. The problem from my perspective was that I had already done 4 successful restores from old to new server. The SA's added a new tape drive and assured me that everything was same. Obviously, it wasn't. I was the one who discovered that the bp.conf had been changed AFTER my last successful test restore. No one could tell me what it looked like before or what else might have been changed. We're having a post-mortem today and I will be bringing up the subject of lack of proper notification of changes and proper testing. Also of concern to me is the lack of Veritas support.

Thanks again. The disk backup/restore worked beautifully, as I knew it would, and we have been up and running since 3:00am Monday.

Sandy