RE: Pet Peeve

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 08:48:39 -0500

LOL!   They accepted 1 enhancement request. Did they tell you which one it was?

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of rjamya Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:45 AM
To: Charles Schultz
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Pet Peeve

I regularly send feedback about this and my most un-favorite things about Metablink are

  1. give me the ability to remove VMS/VAX/RDB results, permanently (provide a profile setting).
  2. When you tell me a document is updated, tell me what it is. Since I can't diff prior and current version.
  3. Give me the abilities to exclude Application related stuff since I don't need it now. (again a profile setting).
  4. If you know who I am, then you also know that I can't or shouldn't see internal documents, so hide them upfront.

I got an email that they accepted (1) as a future enhancement, don't know if it will be in profile or not. But I hope to see that before I retire.

Rjamya