Windows install of XE - problems problems problems :o(

From: Norman Dunbar <norman.dunbar_at_environment-agency.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:32:38 +0000

Morning all,

I have posted thins query on the XE support forum but as yet have had no replies that get me around the problem.

Installing the latest XE on Windows 2000 with 1 GB of RAM. I get the message 'Error 1325 Templates is not a valid short file name'. (I'm installing as administrator by the way.)

I've checked the forum and found one hit for this problem. I have been over to Microsoft.com (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=328162) and got the download for the installer clean up utility.

When I run this utility, I do not get an option to clean up Oracle XE anywhere - so I cannot proceed any further with the install.

I have had a previous version of XE installed, but I received a few errors during running of the scripts so I had to manually run the failed scripts and all was well. Unfortunately, I have had to remove it (it killed the PC as I only had 256 MB of RAM back then) but now I cannot re-install.

Anyone got any ideas about how I can get past this error please?

Thanks,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar.
Contract Oracle DBA.
Rivers House, Leeds.

Internal : 7 28 2051
External : 0113 231 2051

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.

We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk