Re: DataGuard

From: Mark Strickland <strickland.mark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:09:01 -0800

I setup a 10.1.0.3 (now 10.1.0.5) cascaded standby configuration with Primary --> Physical Standby --> Logical Standby. Data Guard still chose to ship the archived logs directly from the Primary to the Logical Standby even though I did what the documentation directed AFAIK. The cascaded approach wasn't a must-have for me and I didn't spend any more time trying to figure out why DG did what it did.

Mark Strickland
Seattle, WA