Re: Oracle Linux Support - experiences?

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 00:12:10 -0500

concerned? usually the first response is - researching the issue... looking on uploaded files... need some more traces... then issue need to be passed to another analyst in another time zone as this is a sev 1 and must be going all over the globe... unfortunately, Oracle support has no idea what handover means so next analyst starts from... "researching the issue... looking on uploaded files..."

Since support organization is the same - chances are you would be lucky if you get at least the same level of support as for Oracle. Someone please tell me I'm wrong! Mladen? :)

So your sysops manager should know Oracle hotline number and keep calling duty manager every 30 minutes. I noticed that after 3-4 calls they might start moving.

On 1/11/07, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Just curious if anyone would like to share any experiences with Oracle's
> Linux support. We are looking at it to try and determine if it is really
> a viable alternative to RH support.
>
> Our sysops manager is a bit concerned about the 1 hour response time
> for severity 1 alerts.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Jared Still