RE: Pet Peeve

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:06:28 -0500

I tend to agree. Sometimes I will simply google it as with all the information out in the internet It seems to be able to find more relevant documents faster. Whats up with that? Other times, I'll just log as SR simply cause I'm wasting time on the search.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546
904 727-2546

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Charles Schultz Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 2:22 PM
To: Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Pet Peeve

Agreed. I have always been negatively amazed at how poor the searching on metalink was. I have been asking for a utility to text search owned TAR/SRs for years, and they still have nothing. They would do well to make an investment and hire some folks to revamp their flagship Support web site.

On 1/12/07, Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us> wrote:

All,

Know what irks me to no end about Metalink?

If you *know* the document number that you want to read and search for it, don't you think it would be the first freeking document listed in the search result list?

Why in the hell do I have to go looking for it? In my case, it was *#18* in the list.

Unbelievably crappy.

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

--
Charles Schultz