RE: Strange processes on Aix 5.2

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:53:08 -0800

Yes, it is bogus to do it the way they did. There are only 2 states for a CPU, running or idle. Then you slice idle into "why" and running into mode (kernel /user)

...attributing idle to a process (kernel or otherwise) is really weird...that is charging nothing to something.

Hmmm...I smell a blog entry...after all, running is not necessarily running well (e.g., stalls, CC transfers etc)...

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andreas Piesk Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 12:25 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) schrieb:

> I've googled a little bit but can't find anything of interest. Are
> these processes that I should be concerned with - should we kill them?
> A normal ps -ef | grep 45078 does not return the process, so I really
> can't figure out what these are.

you will find the answer in:

http://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/isv/tech/faq/individual.jsp?oid=1:89156

regards,
-ap

**DISCLAIMER
This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail message. The contents do not represent the opinion of D&E except to the extent that it relates to their official business.