RE: Audit and database performance

From: Ric Van Dyke <ric.van.dyke_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:58:42 -0600

A way to get an idea of the overhead, take a test system and trace (10046) a run or three of the application with and without the AUDIT turned on. Profile each run and compare.

Running with audit on will have some impact, unlikely to be noticeable. Of course if you run out of space where the audit trail is being written then EVERYONE will notice!

Ric Van Dyke

Hotsos Enterprises

Hotsos Symposium March 4-8, 2007. Be there.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of ora_forum Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:36 AM To: Oracle Freelists.org
Subject: Audit and database performance

Hi All,

We have an application where we would like to setup audit on 30 tables to catch failed inserts. Should I expect application performance problem doing it for 30 tables? What is the overhead of doing:

AUDIT INSERT ON table_name BY ACCESS WHENEVER NOT SUCCESSFUL;

Thanks.

George.

Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers <http://answers.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMz OTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx> and get answers from real people who know.