Re: Remote automated installation of Oracle clients

From: Edgar Chupit <chupit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:58:43 +0200

Yeah, but after you have updated paths/registry old client becomes unusable. And if your application is the only application that uses oracle client, why do you have to trash user workstation with old files that are not in use? :)

Of course it all depends on attitude, but I fully agree that both approaches can be used in practice. It's like optimistic vs pessimistic locking :)

--
Best regards,
Edgar Chupit