Re: JAVA Developer

From: Giovanni Cuccu <giovanni.cuccu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:00:15 +0100

Hi,

   as Dennis pointed out it ends all in SQL Statements. I don't use hibernate extensively but if I remember correctly you can enable the loggin of the generated SQL which can help a lot in understanding what is happening behind the scenes. So you can apply the "usual" advices for tuning (10046 trace events, statspack, etc) One key factor to consider is how the developer modelled their java classes and how the persisted to hibernate; IIRC Hibernate can persist and retrieve complex graph of objects with very a little effort for the java developer (but sometimes with a very large effort for the database).
Let me know if you nedd more info.
Giovanni

On 1/11/07, William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> Greetings,

> Thanks.
>

> Bill Wagman
> Univ. of California at Davis