RE: Rollback waiting on 'cache buffer chains' latch - SOLVED

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 01:33:07 +0800

So, did this hung session still have a physical process left in OS?

In such cases, when the v$session_wait and v$sesstat don't give any indication if anything is moving on, I use sometimes truss or often pstack or a debugger to take few samples of the process stack.

This often quickly shows whether the process itself is stuck, in a tight loop or in a loose loop. And from function names its possible to get hints what's going on...

Tanel.