RE: Oracle on windows 2003 on vmware ... Thanks

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:08:54 -0500

To all those that shared their insight and wisdom, I thank you.

I performed some more timing tests this week and now the speed is
acceptable and in a few cases, a slight bit faster that the disks on the
Linux server.

 It appears that the slow down was only on the day I decided to perform
the test and compare between the 2 servers. The admin of the
server/VMWare is supposed to get back to me with any changes or activity
on the VMWare/server/SAN the day of the tests.

I conducted another test where all of the partition datafiles were on
the SAN SATA drives and then on the SAN Fiber Channel.

The test was to count the rows in the large 60 GIG table and then sum a
column value. The Fiber Channel timing showed a 40 % increase in speed
over the SATA drive channel. The SATA drive times were comparable to the
Linux on board drives for the same table.

Thanks again for you input.

Ron Rogers

GA Lottery Corp.

attachments hereto. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do
not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to
the official business of this company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.