Re: SQL *Net more data from client - waiting too long

From: Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:53:36 +0300

I'm with you, Niall and other persons with similar view on the DBA role.

The difference is that I and my colleagues are not a production DBAs, but rather an external consultants. Actually we are more close to local DBAs. Definitely we are paid for "keeping things running". Most of the clients see our role not only in providing qualified (well, at least above the average) support for their business-critical databases/apps, but also as a kind of "judges" particularly when the 3-rd party software providers are involved.

Well, that's the only place thus far (a semi-political activities) where I've found the OCM label quite useful :-)

--Andrey