RE: Any performance benefits in going to db_16k_cache_size or db_32k_cache_size

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 00:35:49 +0800

Yeah, I agree with Cary and Mark and would add a comment that a tricky thing like changing block size (thinking about granularity of buffer locking) should be tested with simulating real concurrency.

E.g. your single session index lookup might run faster due lower index height, but on the other hand you could have more buffer busy waits in high-concurrency environments, etc..

Tanel.