RE: Rollback waiting on 'cache buffer chains' latch - SOLVED

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:34:17 -0500

Not sure if I followed the steps exactly, so did you issue the kill -9 first? The point being that I believe it is best to kill the oracle session first with alter system -- and background processes can clean up better.

If you did the session first, then disregard.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546