Any performance benefits in going to db_16k_cache_size or db_32k_cache_size

From: arun chakrapani rao <arunchakrapanirao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 23:40:03 -0500

Hi all,
I am currently working on a 1.5T DSS running on 8k blocksize. This db is 90% of the time doing sequential reads. Was wondering if we go for a 16k or 32k blocksize just on index alone would there be any benefits in performance. Has anybody impletemented this and seen any performance benefits, Please do share your experience.
I was trying to do some bench marking here for one of the queries with 8,16 and 32k index tablespaces.
All I am seeing is the logical reads going down by half but the elapsed time for these queries are still the same. Now what am i missing?
Please do share your thoughts.

--

thanks in advance.
Arun