Re: Rollback waiting on 'cache buffer chains' latch

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:49:57 -0500

On 01/09/2007 06:58:56 PM, Bobak, Mark wrote:
> Hmm...then I'd say it's not really there, and something didn't get
> cleaned up correctly when the background process either exited or
> died.....

Which brings us to RDA and SR. In order to have your RDA processed promptly, upload the RDA zip file ASAP. You can also dump systemstate, level 12 upload the trace. That should be enough information. I believe that the advice will be to restart the instance, which is great, especially if you're running a 24x7 database.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com